Microsoft Office 2013 System error: 0x80041015
Had another computer issue. This time it was regarding my office 2013 product. I was attempting to activate the product with my key and it kept throwing this mysterious error. If you’re like me and the quick repair and online repair didn’t solve your problem, hopefully the next steps I found will be useful to you.
1. Run Command Prompt as Admin
cd %programfiles%\Microsoft Office 15\Clientx64
3. Press Enter
OfficeC2RClient.exe /Update USER updatetoversion=15.0.4605.1003
5. Press Enter
6. Wait for Updates to complete – if there is an error reboot machine and try steps 1-5 again
7. Once rollback is complete, open Word
8. Enter in O365 Org ID to activate.
9. You will receive the 0x80041015 error message again.
10. Click Repair twice on the error window, this will cause Word to close.
11. Open Word again, Office should now be activated.
Here is the original thread with all the details.